Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July!!!

We had so much fun this fourth of July!!! On Friday the 3rd, we went up to Hartsville and watched the fire works, this is the first time that the kids haven't been scared. The loved every minute of it. We walked around and let the kids pick out a snack. They both wanted a snow cone, Dad wanted some boiled peanuts, and I wanted a funnel cake. Not just any funnel cake the award winning funnel cake. I had Kit get me 2 they were so good.
The kids and I also made star cookies with blue frosting and red sugar crystals. They were very good!

On the forth we had some friends over we all went swimming, then had cupcakes, Ice cream sundays, and watched fireworks.
This year is the first year the kids wanted to hold the sparklers. And the only one who got burned was Kit:)
This is the kids watching there daddies light fireworks.
We all stayed on the porch so we didn't get eaten up by mosquitoes.
We all can't wait tell next year!
Mikyn is just old enough where she is asking alot of questions so we were able to explain why we celebrate the 4th of July. We are so grateful for those who serve our country! Thanks uncle Andrew.

3 comments:

SMITH FAMILY said...

HOW FUN!!

nancy casias said...

I missed you so much!
2 more days I will see you soon!
I love you Mom

BreAnne said...

It looks like you had fun you always have so many fun things to do