Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our Big Scare

Kit Carsen ThamesWell we had such a long day yesterday... Carsen was not doing to well with his nap which is way weired he always takes good naps. So he woke up once coughing and I layed him back down and told him he needed to take a nap. The about 30 minutes later He woke up again. I decided that maybe he just needed to be up for the day. I brought him out and we were sitting on our chair and he couldn't stop itching. I lifted up his blanket to see what was wrong, and he had hives all over his legs and they were getting way bad. I took off all of his clothes to see it there was anything in there and I couldn't find anything and then ran into his room and riped his whole bed apart hoping to find something. There was nothing there. The next thing I remembered growing up my dad would get those all over his body when he had an allergic reaction, so I gave him benadryl and Called the Dr. We ran into the office and with our luck the office was not full today. They got Carsen straight back and gave him a steroid and some more benadryl. It took about an hour for the fever to go out of his hives and they went all over his body with only 2 on his face. We never found out what it was that caused it. The Doctor says sometimes you will never know. But She said it was bad and once they have one the next one is always worse. She said being that little with that bad of a reaction it can get scary and sometimes fatal. So now we are required to always have Benadryl with us where ever we go (Good thing for the new Benadryl Perfect Measure I can just keep them in my purse and car)and if it happens again run straight to the Hospital. I am just glad that the day turned out to be a good day not a Fatal one. We love our little boy so much. I would do anything for both of my children.


4 comments:

Tori said...

It is so sad when our little ones get sick! Last year Ellie broke out in a rash also for no apparent reason. You asked about my pictures, I just use photoshop. I love it! Are you guys coming out here for the mission reunion?

Vintage Soul said...

That can be so scary! Damian gets a breakout like that every year at least once and we (us and our doctor) assume it is allergies. Anyway, we are glad that you caught it so soon and got him some medicine! How did Mikyn's surgery go? We miss you!!

Vintage Soul said...

okay, so she hasn't had the surgery yet . . . so let us know when she does and how it goes! Our prayers are with you! :)

Unknown said...

Well i found you, It looks like everything is going great for you and your family. Guess what? I married into the biggest BYU Football fans family ever so go cougs. send me an email if you would like. Tetoniasmith@gmail.com have a great rest of the year. Tyler Smith